SimplyCool

Go Back   Official Scythe Forum > Scythe CPU Coolers > Ninja Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2018, 07:33 AM

Default Brand new V2 Hot End clogged with Ninjaflex Cheetah flexible filament

Hi all,

I just installed the V2 hot end on the printer to try printing with Ninjaflex Cheetah flexible filament. It was building the raft of my first non-test print when it stopped extruding. I let it go for a little bit, hoping it would resume extruding and just leave a defect, but it did not.I unloaded the material in hopes to re-load, but then when I tried to re-load I couldn't get it going again. I took off the clear plate/filament guide and tried a few more things. I pushed down with the metal cleaning rod, but it didn't force anything out. I got some guitar string to feed through the nozzle and it got jammed. I was able to force it through from the bottom but it wouldn't actually unclog the nozzle and next time trying to push it through it would just get jammed again. I was never able to push the guitar string through from the top though.

I suspected that the string was hitting the filament but it should have felt gummy if that were the case. It felt more like it was hitting metal. Is there something a ridge in the hot end where the filament feeds in that would prevent the guitar string from feeding through? If I push the string down and measure how far it goes down, it seems to get stuck near the throat.So I'm unable to push the filament even far enough for it to start melting. My next step will be to remove the nozzle (already tried but had a hard time of it -- read a few things to help me try again). Then I guess hopefully clean out the nozzle or the throat, or at least see where it's plugged. But I'm kind of confused why the filament won't even start melting and yet the guitar string fed in from the top seems to hit a metal barrier (I could be wrong on the feeling of 3 inches of guitar string hitting metal I suppose). Any ideas or insights?

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
Brand new V2 Hot End clogged with Ninjaflex Cheetah flexible filament - Official Raise3D Community
App video company

Thanks